Sunday, June 9, 2013

Je ne m'appelle pas Pierrot

Prince ~ Scandalous



Prince ~ Scandalous

David Bowie ~ Modern Love I loved the Leos Carax...



David Bowie ~ Modern Love

I loved the Leos Carax reference/homage in "Frances Ha" (at least I think that's what they were doing, right?)

Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach, 2013) "Greenberg" was...



Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach, 2013)

"Greenberg" was such a misfire that I went into "Frances Ha" with some reservations. But it turned out to be Baumbach's least cynical, most hopeful and funniest movie to date. Gerwig (who co-wrote the screenplay) shines as the painfully awkward but endearing protagonist. A must see!

L'Argent De Poche (François Truffaut, 1976)



L'Argent De Poche (François Truffaut, 1976)

Serge Gainsbourg ~ L'Alcool



Serge Gainsbourg ~ L'Alcool

Nina Simone ~ My Man's Gone Now



Nina Simone ~ My Man's Gone Now

Behind The Candelabra (Steven Soderbergh, 2013) I'm not...



Behind The Candelabra (Steven Soderbergh, 2013)

I'm not sure if it's the mood I've been in lately but I wasn't nearly as enthralled with this movie as everyone else seems to be. I never raises above the label 'fine" for me…..

Cakes Da Killa ~ Goodie Goodies  (Be sure to watch the amazing...



Cakes Da Killa ~ Goodie Goodies 

(Be sure to watch the amazing video linked above)

How to deracinate the materialist/consumer in oneself? Is that even possible within our cultural...

How to deracinate the materialist/consumer in oneself? Is that even possible within our cultural context?

I’ve been thinking about the “Occupy” movement which seems like a great idea at the time. The feeling keeps gnawing away at me that maybe the 99 versus the 1 % was somewhat of a false dichotomy. What were we really demanding? The means to consume more? How many of us who partook and supported the movement who have (in all honesty) turned down the chance to be part of 1%?

Bob Dylan ~ My Back Pages Happy 72nd!!



Bob Dylan ~ My Back Pages

Happy 72nd!!

Nico ~ I'll Keep It With Mine (by Bob Dylan)



Nico ~ I'll Keep It With Mine

(by Bob Dylan)

Odetta ~ Lowlands



Odetta ~ Lowlands

Mud (Jeff Nichols, 2012) Jeff Nichols is where it's at!...



Mud (Jeff Nichols, 2012)


Jeff Nichols is where it's at! Following the excellent "Take Shelter", Nichols delivers a formidable coming of age tale that embraces cinematic conventions but avoids cliches. A Must see.

Claire Denis at the photocall for Les salauds at the 2013 Cannes...



Claire Denis at the photocall for Les salauds at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.

Johnny Cash ~ Folsom Prison Blues



Johnny Cash ~ Folsom Prison Blues

Daft Punk ~ Instant Crush ( with Julian Casablancas)



Daft Punk ~ Instant Crush

( with Julian Casablancas)

how to let the brilliance of others inspire and not debilitate with feelings of inadequacy

how to let the brilliance of others inspire and not debilitate with feelings of inadequacy

The Tree Of Life (Terrence Malick, 2011) I've finally did...



The Tree Of Life (Terrence Malick, 2011)


I've finally did a proper little write up for "The Tree of Life" (among other things) over at blogger. I'm using that space to better my writing skills (which I'm very self-conscious about) and I figured writing about something I'm passionate about is the way to try achieving that goal. It would also be nice to engage in more film discussions with those that wish to do so. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your feedback. So many of you are incredibly smart and thoughtful people. Your criticism can only help me grow. Thks.

Solange ~ Locked In Closets



Solange ~ Locked In Closets

Best Skit Ever







Best Skit Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment